Swiss Researching Africa Days
23.10.2020, 09:00 - 24.10.2020, 17:00
Call for papers
The Swiss Society for African Studies invites paper propositions for the upcoming 6th Swiss Researching Africa Days. The objective of this biannual convention is to promote the exchange among the community of researchers working on Africa in Switzerland. Panels typically integrate young and established scholars (Master, PhDs, postdocs, professors). The following 9 panels and round tables were selected:
- Élites et figures de la réussite et du pouvoir (elites, BigMen, brokers)
- Under Construction: The Evolving African Peace & Security Architecture
- Enjeux de la traduction en Afrique
- Chronic Conditions in Times of Social Health Protection in Africa
- Practice and theory of transcontinental research on Africa (panel & round table)
- African Contributions to Global Health Practices
- Food changes in Africa
- New Ethics towards African Heritage in Switzerland
- Gaining and maintaining access in research (round table)
For further details and contacts please consult the call document (see Downloads). Please submit your proposal before 31 July 2020 directly to the convenors of the respective panel.
Call for posters
One of our aims is to present on-going or recently finished PhD research on a topic related to Africa at Swiss universities. The organizers invite researchers to submit a scientific poster (size A0, vertical orientation) on their PhD research for the Swiss Researching Africa Days. There will be time slots for the presentation of the posters during the conference. The posters will also be compiled as an electronic reader to be published on the website of the Swiss Society for African Studies. Please submit proposals for posters (pdf) to Veit Arlt (email@example.com). The deadline for submission is 31 July 2020. The organizing committee will decide on the acceptance of submitted poster proposals and confirm by 31 August 2018.
General Assembly of the SSAS
The General Assembly of the Swiss Society for African Studies will be held on Friday 23 October 2020.
For the Board of the SSAS/SGAS/SSEA: Didier Péclard, Tobias Haller and Veit Arlt
For the University of Bern: Tobias Haller