The SAA consists of the following bodies:
- The general meeting is the highest organ of the society. It convenes the members once a year.
- The executive committee consists of at least seven members, among whom the president is elected.
In addition to these organs, the Society has six commissions:
- the Scientific Commission
- the Audiovisual Commission
- the Editorial Commission
- the Museum Commission
- the Medical Anthropology Switzerland (MAS) - Interdisciplinary Commission for Medical Anthropology (ICMA)
- the Interface Commission.